Task management is the key to time management. If you can prioritize your tasks and
understand what you need to do to get closer to your goals (will this task take me closer to my goals or not?) then you have the road map to success. Then the question becomes whether or not you choose to follow it. Choosing the proper tools to assist you with managing your tasks can be the key to you following your tasks. Read on for more on what task management software is available for you or not.
Handling your tasks effectively is the first step for time management. There are plenty of choices for task management software on the Internet.
Of course, at the most basic level, all you need to manage your task is a pen and paper to put down your tasks. But task manager software makes the job faster and easier.
Following 4 software can better your time management by offering more functions than paper-based system.
Mylife organized is based on getting things done (GTD) system. The software allows you to make a list of next actions and categorize them on the basis of GTD criteria like context, importance and so on. It follow the principle of GTD to the letter but somehow doesn’t feel easy to use. In my opinion, Vitalist (below) looks more successful in embodying the GTD system.
However, If you seriously follow GTD, take a look at the software because it seems to be rated favorably by many users.
Mylife organized costs 45 dollars. ToDoList is more price competitive. It’s FREE. But don’t be deceived by its price, the software is way better than ordinary commercial software.
ToDoList has several good features that cannot easily found in commercial programs. The interface is intuitive. It supports hierarchical data. It can have numbered items and sub-items. It allows open file format such as xml and txt.
You can make as many lists as you want with ToDoList. You can add tasks and sub-tasks in the list. Each task has a pane in which you can write memo in rtf or txt. This is very useful because you can include various information for each task like memo, websites, and contacts.
Web-based applications have become an established trend. Many websites exist that are dedicated to task management. Rememberthemilk is one the big players in the area of web-based task management.
It offers functions that are not available with desktop software. For example, you have notification through email and SMS. You can also collaborate with colleagues on the same list.
Checkvist, although a new web-based task manager, looks very promising. It offers very easy and intuitive interface.
It reminds of Bonsai, palm outliner, with its versatile uses. Just like the Palm program, Checkvist can be used as an outliner and task list thanks to the hierarchical format.
You add task with Enter key and sub-tasks with Shift-Enter. You cross a task as one with space bar. Simple enough.
Checkvist is a beta program but stable enough to handle many data. If functions such as due dates, data synchronization with desktop PC are added, it may become one of the best online task managers.
Sunny Ley enjoys writing articles about various topics like time management, personal productivity, and home improvement. You can also check his recent website that covers a black shoe cabinet [http://www.shoecabinetonline.com/black-shoe-cabinet] and other kinds of shoe cabinet [http://www.shoecabinetonline.com/].
Incoming time management related search terms:
- task maneger
- hierarchical task manager software
- mylifeorganized getting things done
- to do list software
- what software allows you to manage your time contact lists and tasks
- gtd software
- gtd competitor organize software
- gtd web based
- hierarchical task manager
- mylife organized
- Who Needs a Task Management Software and When? Task management software can really make you more efficient and therefore able to life cycle of a task manage your...
- Organizing Your Day This article gives some very good tips on how being organized is actually a time management skill and how your...
- Time and Task Management – Solving Workplace Challenges For People With ADHD Time and task management, especially for those with ADD can be a challenge. You always have to get past the...
- Are You an Entrepreneur That is Starved for Time This is a good article for entrepreneurs and how to deal with time management. It gives good reasons why entrepreneurs...
- Task Management Skills Tip – Check Your Floor! Task management and time management are for the most part 2 sides of the same coin. If you have your...