Stress is the number 1 cause of illness today and the reduction of that stress will create an abiltty to enjoy life more fully and to be more healthy. Since stress is tied so much into lifestyle, then the way to reduce stress is to get a better handle on your time. Having a good time management plan that will keep you from feeling overwhelmed is the key to getting more done with less worry. This article shares some tips on how to do that.
But first, here are some videos that give you some time management tips.
Stress & Time Management
Stress and time management (or lack of it) are closely related. After all, the source of stress is usually that there’s not enough — not enough time, not enough money, not enough confidence. And since time is even more scarce and precious than money…
Transcendental Meditation – Time management and performance under stress
www.tm.org Bob Jones, chief investment officer, New York City talks about how Transcendental Meditation helps him to use his time efficiently and reduce stress under pressure. When I started Transcendental Meditation, when I was 15, I was a B student…
Tips for stress reduction
Tis the season to be merry but for many the holidays are also the season for stress, worry and sadness. The Associated Press found that 22 percent of Americans are going into the holiday season with high stress levels due to debt. Additionally, the A…
Here an article titled: 5 Time Management Tips for Reducing Stress
Many people experience increased stress due to having more tasks to accomplish than they can handle. Just the pressure of such a workload can increase stress. One way to lessen this high level of health jeopardizing stress is to take charge of your work load and your life to put things in perspective. Implementing the tips below can have the added benefit of actually getting more done!
1. Identify how your time is currently spent. Keep a journal for a few days or a week to see what type of tasks you do, how much time they take and to identify activities that take up too much time or ones that are non-productive.
2. Set goals and prioritize. Decide what is really important and what needs to be done NOW. Always ask yourself if what you are doing is getting you closer to your goal.
3. Keep a calendar handy and make a habit of using it. Write down your appointments and other important obligations. We are all guilty of overlooking or forgetting things because we didn’t write them down thinking there is no way we would forget.
4. Avoid distractions. Set yourself up for success by avoiding the activities you identified that were taking up too much time. It is OK to still do them, just be sure you monitor how much time you spend. You might start by scheduling it in so you know you will get a chance to watch your favorite show for example, and not end up wasting the entire evening.
5. Break tasks up into smaller steps. Start small and build yourself and your time management skills up in a positive way. Every step you accomplish is a reason for celebration, and by having parts of a larger task done ahead of time you will find the last minute rush to completion is much easier and less stressful.
And you can get a free mini course on 5 tips to a healthy lifestyle at http://www.healthwellnessconnection.com, where Mary Ann MacKay shares her research promoting healthy living through nutrition, diet and a healthy
Here are some blog postings with time management tips that reduce stress.
Here are some easy stress management tips to place into your life for a bit more help: 1. Manage your life’s tasks on paper. If you feel that you do not have time to get everything written down, make the time. Use a date book, …
Publish Date: 12/06/2010
Stress Management Tips and Advice. stress management by familymwr. Stress is commonplace in western societies. A modicum of stress in the workplace can provide a stimulus to motivation and help achieve work tasks and objectives. … The author regularly visits North Cyprus and spends time in rural areas. For people who live in the northern hemisphere, the winter season can be a contributor to high stress levels. This is not due to the cold, but rather the shortness of the …
Publish Date: 12/03/2010
Incoming time management related search terms:
- tips on having a good time management
- Bob Jones chief investment officer New York City
- journal-Good time management is a way to reduce stress
- stress reduction due to time management
- take charge under stressful workload
- time management under stress tips
No related posts.