This is a continuation of the previous article on time management and leadership.
(Can This Moment Become) Quantity Time?
- Is it substantial? [is there substance, meaning or fulfillment in this use of my time?]
- Is it concrete? [producing a specific, tangible, measurable, realistic, attainable result from the use of my time]
- Is it clear? [does it help me be or become more focused, intentional, results-driven, practical]
Or you could use dimensionally-oriented questions to determine, implement and supervise your applications of business leadership significance. As we mentioned earlier, time can be measured against a location – that is, time and a location in space are always related – so we say, “you are always somewhere at some specific point of time!”
“Between stimulus and response there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and our freedom.” – Viktor E. Frankl, psychologist
In the social expanse known as “space-time”, you’ll discover how dimensional constructions usually hold true. Social dimensions include the scope, importance, direction, magnitude, definition, quantity, aspect, extent, element, a position, attribute, property or proportion of any social activity.
Dimensional characteristics are important because they provide insights into the breadth, depth, thickness and heights of your utilization of time – are your capital assets being transformed into something tangibly significant, are your human players moving together in harmony, are the reasons for pursuing this action realizing the desired results?
Therefore, you will need to ask the following types of questions to generate the right types of dimensionally important answers and thus understand how well or how effectively you are using your time for performing your business or organizational leadership tasks:
- Where-When: describes a physically obvious, tangible reality of an event without trying to explain any aspect of human, social or physical capital involvement or influences;
- Who-What: defines and describes the moving parts, functional attributes and players of human exchanges, transactions, interactions or reactions
- Why-How: endeavors to provide causes or reasons for human actions and seeks to identify the ways and means employed to satisfy or attain the desires for taking those actions
We can easily describe the process of how and when to take action to use the extant sources and depth of information, which are what you have, to help you become what you desire, to unleash the future envisioned by what your dreams have awakened within you, and prosecute your strategy for business leadership to the ultimate extent of your resources, expertise and abilities.
“Dream and give yourself permission to envision a You that you choose to be.” – Joy Page, actress
However, in essence, we must look at each and every one of our competitive, operational and developmental efforts as activities taking place within, and, as actions existing at points along, positions within or locations of “space-time” – that is, using these reference placements to indicate, investigate or interrogate the:
- Manifold – Which diverse, variety and many features of my actions…?
- Affect or Add-to the Dimensionality – the ins and outs, ups and downs, across and around, over and under, back and forth, breadth and length, brokenness and wholeness, heights and depths – of our efforts…?
- Time-frame – When will or When must the intervals, periods, moments, phases, ages, eons, ticks occur and…?
- Relativistic – How or How much does it relate to our past, present or future perspectives…?
- Who benefits or is impacted by the Attractions, Interactions, Transactions or Reactions of our informed actions – and Why will they be…?
Thus in the realm of social phenomena, we define “space-time” as the distinctive features and structural dimensions which identify the cognitive, cultural or emotive segments of perspectives and interactions involved when we act, acted or will take action.
“But the best teams I’ve encountered have one important thing in common: their team structure and processes cover a full range of distinct competencies necessary for success.” – Jesse James Garrett, Infopreneur, information architect
Therefore, business leadership means incorporating the “physics” of socially-oriented space-time into the creation and application of a much more effective time management program to generate profitable results and strategic innovative opportunities while it strengthens your organizational leadership development programs and performance improvement efforts.
Copyright 2010, Mustard Seed Investments Inc., All rights reserved worldwide.
Bill Thomas invites you to improve your leadership effectiveness, increase your professional excellence and energize your innovative talents at Leadership-Toolkit.Com – he strengthens you, your strategic expertise and the essential competencies needed by your executives, management professionals and entrepreneurs to lead-and-succeed in this global marketplace of the Imagination Age. Bill examines your business prospects, enriches your results and explores your most promising growth opportunities through his eBooks, eGuides, Videos & Audios, Software Tools and in-depth leadership skills training courses and executive development coaching programs. To maximize your leadership effectiveness and elevate your performances, pick-up your Free Leadership Power Energizers eGuide Today.
- Time management techniques to help you stay on top of your role? (leadspeak.wordpress.com)
Early in my corporate leadership career people often commented about how busy I was and I liked it. It felt like a ‘badge of honour’ to be seen as ‘contributing’ so much. Years later…..
Incoming time management related search terms:
- Pt 1 – Effective Time Management For Profitable Business Leadership Results in Strategic Innovative Actions Effective leadership requires effective time management habits. It is important to focus on the tasks that truly move projects and...
- Time Poverty This article discusses the mindset of time and what we do to fill our time. How many people do you...
- Time Management Techniques in Business – Efficiency Tools This article discusses good techniques to use in your business to manage your time. Time is the one thing that...
- Planning Your Free Time Management Tools There are a lot of time management tools that can be used to really make someone more efficient with their...
- Napoleon Hill and Ivy Lee on Effective Time Management – Part 1 This is a good multi-part article on time management from the viewpoint of Napoleon Hill and Ivy Lee. In the...